Author Topic: Hello, Jay and new friends  (Read 1270 times)

Dreamer

Hello, Jay and new friends
« on: October 18, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »
 :) Hello from the cool (as in weather) part of the USA.  Now that it's cooling down, I start my dreaming of moving somewhere warmer!! Puerto Rico is the winner this time!!  I've fell in love with this site! I spent the biggest amount of time yesterday on this site, and some others. This site is the winner, too. Here is my dream:  Someplace warmer year around, land large enough to plant enough to sustain us, have some cattle for meat and milk, chickens for meat and eggs. Water on property for drinking and everything else you need water for, electricity maybe yes solar, 2-3 flushing toilets and showers, and a house big enough for 4 adults and 3 kids, and guests to visit. And to top it all off all under $200,000.00!!  Now is there such a place in Puerto Rico??

NewToPuertoRico

• Administrator
    • NewToPuertoRico.com
Re: Hello, Jay and new friends
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 05:16:31 PM »
Yes there is such a place! Mainly in the mountainous areas. You may have to sacrifice a little here or there but there are places around that are within your budget.

Is there any particular place that you MUST be in? Because honestly you could live almost anywhere as long as it is more inland and less populated. I could name a few towns for you to search online but honestly most of those places that would be for sale will not be available to see online since usually it is sold by the owner and in most cases they just have a sign in front of their property.

But I would look in San Sebastian, Ciales, Camuy, Florida (yes, there's a city called Florida), and Lajas to name a few.

Land here is sold by "Cuerdas" or Meters Squared.

One "Cuerda" is 0.97 Acres, so it is pretty much the same. Also, 1000 meters squared is roughly 0.25 acres or 10,764 square feet.

If you search in Spanish, you want to look for "Solares" which means "lots" or "Finca" which means "Farm" or "Ranch".

Best of Luck!!!