Author Topic: French woman, salsa lover, Old San Juan  (Read 1244 times)

salsarah99

French woman, salsa lover, Old San Juan
« on: February 01, 2016, 01:49:38 AM »
Saludos,
I moved to Old San Juan 2 weeks ago.
I'm originally from France but I lived in Hawaii for 12 years prior to moving to Puerto Rico.
I teach French and I'm also a hostess in a local restaurant at the moment.
I used to dance salsa a lot when I was a grad student at UIUC. I'm hoping to find places here where I could start dancing again. I'm also looking for martial art and self defense classes. I've done a bit of Krav Maga and Kajukenbo. I would like to start training in jiujitsu. I enjoy live music, photography and being active among other things. Thank you for creating this web site, I'm going to read everything posted in it !  :)

NewToPuertoRico

• Administrator
    • NewToPuertoRico.com
Re: French woman, salsa lover, Old San Juan
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 10:50:35 PM »
Hello!

I may actually know who you are! ;-) How? Well, I am learning French and there is a new teacher who just came from France! A bit of a coincidence!

I'm not going to mention the school for privacy, but I'd be surprised if it's not the same! LOL

I'll be in the school on Saturday morning, if you are there and recognize me from the picture, make sure you say hi! =)

As far as dancing, there is dancing everywhere! Are you looking for classes or just places to dance? If you are looking for places to dance, many of the hotels in the Isla Verde area will be able to work for you as they tend to have live music at night, usually for free or low cost. I've heard it's a great place to dance and talk to others that are visiting PR.

There is a place in Guaynabo that offers Krav Maga and BJJ. It's called the Training Zone. Kind of removed from town and up in the mountains a bit, plus the schedule is limited. It truly is a no frills type of gym, you go there to get a serious workout and instruction, small group of people means a great sense of community. I went to visit it and I liked how focused and basic it was but it was too expensive for me.

Sorry for the delay in response!

Msg me on Facebook if you have any other questions!

Jay
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:56:22 PM by NewToPuertoRico »