Author Topic: Moving from KS..yikes!  (Read 1574 times)

BandNRob

Moving from KS..yikes!
« on: August 27, 2015, 07:54:11 PM »
My husband and I are going to make the move to PR after the end of the school year for our children May 2016. I have already started researching and am so excited I wish I could just leave today ;) But we have a lot to prepare. I haven't determined whether we will be residing in Carolina or Aguadilla, it depends on which job I accept. It is hard to decide because I have never been there. My husband and I will be making a couple trips before the move obviously to check it out for ourselves but any input on the two areas, pros and cons, would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 kids, all under the age of 8, that will be homeschooled. We have lived all over due to the military so we are very flexible and laid back. I am a fan of good food but also healthy food and we are pretty sociable...if that helps a little. We are starting to brush up on our Spanish as well.

NewToPuertoRico

• Administrator
    • NewToPuertoRico.com
Re: Moving from KS..yikes!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 03:16:00 PM »
Hello BandNRob!

So happy you will be moving here!

So Carolina or Aguadilla? Well, it really depends on what you like but here's my a quick comparison.

Carolina is in the heart of the San Juan Metro. That means lots of people, traffic, houses cramped next to the other, noise, etc. But also lots of restaurants, malls, a nearby Costco and Sams etc. If you like shopping, there is the new Mall of San Juan nearby, there's also Plaza Carolina and Plaza las Americas nearby. If you find a babysitter and want to go out to dinner; Nearby Isla Verde and Condado both have some amazing restaurants. The beach "Balneario de Carolina" is not my favorite. But there are other options nearby. Pine Grove Beach in Isla Verde is nice but it can get wavy, which can be scary for little kids, stick to the "Balnearios" (little to no waves) for now.

Aguadilla is a lot more laid back. It has a beautiful beach in Crash Boat. There is less traffic and noise, but this also depends on WHERE in Aguadilla you live. However there are less places to shop than the San Juan metro and there are no Costco stores and the closest Sams is in Mayag