Author Topic: Moving From Florida  (Read 1561 times)

aaronarel30

Moving From Florida
« on: July 27, 2015, 05:55:47 PM »
Hello everybody :)

My family and I are seriously considering moving to PR.  We are in the beginning stages of research, which by the way, this site has been the best source I have found so far!  My wife is from Fajardo but she hasn't lived there since she was about 13 years old.  She also has a bunch of relatives on the island. As for me, I am from New Mexico and Colorado.  We moved to Florida a couple years ago and we are ready to take it further south into the Caribbean haha! We have six sons ages 15 down to 1 year old.  I receive a compensation from the VA since I am 100% service connected.  I am just hoping we can make it with my compensation of $3,100/month? We do ok every other place we have lived but of course, with all the negative news about the economy in PR, we are a bit hesitant....thankfully cause of this page I have read many positive things about living in Puerto Rico.

I would like to start a business in Puerto Rico as well.  That is something I will post in Business topic section :). Just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks all!

Aaron

NewToPuertoRico

• Administrator
    • NewToPuertoRico.com
Re: Moving From Florida
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:58:59 AM »
Hello Aaron! I hope you like your life here in PR! This is definitely a different place! The biggest advice I have for you is to not expect PR to be like the USA! Things ARE different here! You can live here with that salary, you just have to choose where you live carefully, there are cheaper places to live and there are more expensive places to live, so take everything into account!

Thank you for your nice words about the website! I will look through your questions and try to answer them to the best of my abilities!

Take Care!

aaronarel30

Re: Moving From Florida
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 06:50:48 PM »
I appreciate it! This site has helped us out quite a bit! I hope I can make some friends from this site as well.  I am learning Spanish but I hope to meet some friends who can help me along the learning path!  Luckily my wife is bilingual and Spanish is here first language.