Author Topic: Moving to Puerto Rico and would love to live in the mountains  (Read 1470 times)

deftnerd

My wife and I, with our three kids (5, 2, and 1 years old) are moving to Puerto Rico next month. We'll be staying at a friends house for a while before we find a home to rent.

Right now we have our eye on Utuado. We like the idea of living in the mountains and being less than an hour from the beach. Apparently the new highway in the area has made driving to the coast much easier.

Our primary concerns are low rental prices family-friendly vibe, more nature than urban, and the availability of internet is a must as I'm a remote worker.

We tend to feel that the interior will help with lower rent prices and being in nature.

Does anyone have experience with this area? Any other areas you might suggest?

NewToPuertoRico

• Administrator
    • NewToPuertoRico.com
Re: Moving to Puerto Rico and would love to live in the mountains
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 12:39:11 PM »
Hello!!!

Sorry for the late reply!!!

Well Utuado is very nice, Road 10 makes it easy to travel down to Ponce or north to Arecibo. It has some nice restaurants, especially those along the Dos Bocas lake.

It does rain quite a lot there and back in 1998 Hurricane Georges completely caused Utuado to be disconnected from the rest of the island as the roads were either washed out or completely blocked. But the truth is that Utuado is pretty quiet, rather remote and relatively cheap rent. It can get cool at night, especially in the winter months.

There is internet so that shouldn't be a problem.

I like Utuado, I really don't have too many bad things to say about it other than it feel pretty remote, but if that's what you're going for then you'll like it!

Good Luck!