Author Topic: urban farm  (Read 2142 times)

darrow

urban farm
« on: January 22, 2016, 03:20:05 PM »
Hi my family is thinking of living in PR for a year or two. We are from Northern California. My husband is Puertorican but grew up in NJ. We homeschool our 3 kids. We want to immerse them in PR, slow down and be in nature while still having the conveniences of modern life including internet. We're looking to rent a house with some land or at least a big yard with lots of green and hopefully grow food. Are there any areas you know of that other people are also living this kind of lifestyle? Like minded community is important to us. Also we would love to be less than an hour drive from Guaynabo, as my in-laws are there. Thanks!

NewToPuertoRico

• Administrator
    • NewToPuertoRico.com
Re: urban farm
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 10:30:24 PM »
It's actually quite surprising how many houses with land are for sale here. If I were you I'd look at Vega Baja, Barceloneta and nearby municipalities. They tend to have flat land and being as they are a bit removed, they tend to be a bit more affordable. There are some good homeschool groups in Dorado and Toa Baja, which is not too far. Those towns are also not too far from Guaynabo, within an hour like you want (without traffic).