Author Topic: Purchasing condo  (Read 1281 times)

roger-write

Purchasing condo
« on: June 04, 2015, 11:02:06 AM »
This is a fantastic website and extremely helpful. I'm also glad to see the new forum and hope it begins to take off as more people get involved.

Unlike others, we will not be living in PR full time, but rather in more of a snow-bird capacity for 2 or 3 months out of the year. We've visited PR 3 times on vacation and love tropical islands, in general. Since I telecommute full time, it finally dawned on us that we could live anywhere as long as there was decent internet.

Having spent most of our time on the west side, we actually ended up purchasing a condo on the east side in Luquillo. I think I'd be hard pressed to find a better beach than this area, and the proximity to San Jaun made it very appealing. My wife is currently learning Spanish at a local college where we live now in the states, and I will begin trying as well.

There are so many unknowns at this point, but the plan is to make our first long stay next January, Febbruary.

NewToPuertoRico

• Administrator
    • NewToPuertoRico.com
Re: Purchasing condo
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 11:08:39 AM »
That's awesome! Yes, Luquillo is very nice! Although if you haven't been to the southwest part of the island I would like to invite you to see the beaches of Cabo Rojo! Combate, Boqueron, Playa Sucia, beautiful beaches! However like you mentioned, Luquillo is close to San Juan so it's like the best of both worlds!

Liberty cable provides very decent internet, and I believe they now have internet plans that do not require a yearly contract, so you can have the internet for the months you'll be there then cancel it when you leave.